Sephardic Bikur Holim is Looking for a New Rabbi!
As the congregation reaches its centennial, Sephardic Bikur Holim (learn more about SBH) is primed for new leadership – one that ensures its sustainability and its mission and one that creates meaningful Jewish experiences and opportunities for its diverse Jewish community.
Why should you apply for Rabbi of SBH?
We think you should bring your talents and enthusiasm to our congregation to make a difference. At Sephardic Bikur Holim, you’ll have a role in impacting lives and strengthening our community. Whether it’s helping someone with a life cycle event, answering someone’s question, bringing someone closer to the synagogue or helping an individual strengthen ties, you will touch people’s lives in positive ways. If you want to make a contribution, there’s an opportunity here for someone like you. Come join our congregation.
What types of skills/talents are we looking for in our next Rabbi?
We seek to further our goals of enhancing our spiritual and cultural lives by pairing your skills with our community’s characteristics. Your talents include but are not limited to:
- Relationship Building – Inclusive of all members no matter their level of observance, accepting congregants for who they are, where they are, be welcoming to the entire congregation and their guests, and be an integral part of congregants’ life cycle events.
- Scholarship – Able to provide educational opportunities to men, women, and children of differing points along their Jewish journey, inspirational leadership, collaborative, creative approaches to worship and life cycle events that balance traditional worship and inclusion. Authority in Jewish law.
- Advocacy – Approachable to offer spiritual support in times of crisis (physical or emotional).
- Accountability – Achieving results towards mutually agreed upon goals and objectives. Maintaining awareness of the congregation’s financial status. Develop partnerships with lay leadership. Represent the congregation to the local and national community.
We invite you to express your interest in this exciting opportunity.
To apply for Rabbi of SBH, please email the following to email@example.com:
- Short essay with 500 words or less on the following –
- What is attractive to you about this position?
- What does a successful synagogue education/engagement program look like?
- What is your 10-year vision for a community like ours?
- Link to an online video submission*
- Tell us about yourself and share some words of Torah
- The video should be no longer than 5 minutes
Thank you for your interest in the position of Rabbi of our congregation. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis and will begin reviewing applications on October 31, 2012. This position will be held open until filled.
* Please use YouTube to upload and share your video. The registration and upload process at YouTube is quite simple:
1. If you don’t already have a Google account, you will need to set one up in order to use YouTube.
2. After registering, sign in to YouTube and then click “Upload” at the top of the page.
3. After the upload video screen appears, click “Select files from your computer” to locate and upload your video.
4. While you wait for your video to finish uploading, click on the “Privacy Setting” drop-down menu and select “Unlisted”.
5. Once your video has finished uploading, click on the “Video Manager” button towards the top of the screen and then click on
your video to play it and ensure it uploaded correctly.
6. Copy your video’s URL (web address) and paste it into the email along with your resume and essay.